Current open positions:
We are a Petaluma-based boutique book publisher seeking a creative individual, ideally with book design experience and strong skills in design, layout, typography, organization and passion, for a full-time position of junior designer. This position will support our Creative Director and the rest of the design team in producing high-quality picture/art books and will be based in our downtown Petaluma office. Please email resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conceptualize and create covers and interiors of books by bringing a cutting-edge design sense to every project and keeping up with industry and design trends
- Manage aspects and stages of book design and production
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Design & Editorial staff, and Production department from manuscript to final bound book to realize a collective vision
- Proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator — Mac based.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and a keen eye for details
- Photographic eye and a creative, outside-the-box approach to choosing photos
- Ability to provide creative solutions to design challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adapting to changing schedules, and working under tight time constraints
- Basic knowledge of pre-press processes and print production
- 2-3 years of design experience, preferably in book publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
We are not interested in working with freelancers or outside design firms. This position will be in-house.